Hair Salon in Hallam
Learn more about us by calling at (03) 9068 5619
Centrally located on Webb Street in Hallam, Ruby Inspired Hair and Beauty offers a range of hairstyling and colouring options for ladies of all ages. Visit us today to get the hair you have always wanted.
How Often Should I Cut My hair?
Ruby Inspired Hair and Beauty answers this age-old question with our handy little guide based on your hair type and length.
Take a look below to see which applies to you:
- Tight, coarse curls – 12 weeks at most
- Long hair that’s wavy or straight – 8 to 12 weeks
- Fine or medium curls – 8 to 12 weeks
- Long layers – 6 to 8 weeks
- Lots of different layers – 6 weeks
- Bobbed or lobbed hair – 6 weeks
- Fine hair that’s wavy or straight – 4 to 6 weeks
- Short hair – 4 weeks
- Damaged hair – 4 weeks
- Bangs – 2 weeks
Is it about time you paid us a visit?
- Hair salon
- Beauty salon
- Hair extension salon
- Makeup artist
- Experienced professionals
- Affordable prices
- Accessible location
- Fully certified
Hair’s to you
Balayage vs Foil
While both are common techniques used to colour hair, there are a few differences between foil highlights and balayage, such as:
- Foil highlights are more structured than balayage. Balayage is more of a freehand painting of highlights onto the hair in large sections. Therefore, balayage tends to blend more naturally with your actual hair colour than highlights.
- Foil highlights are done by colouring the section of hair right from the roots to the ends while balayage is done by painting the dye from mid-shafts to the ends.
- If you want more intense colour, you should go for foil highlights as aluminium foil is used to saturate the colour. Balayage, on the other hand, is just a few shades lighter than your base colour and has a softer, more blended look.
- Since foil highlights are done right from the root, you will need to keep touching them up every few weeks as they grow out. Balayage grows out more naturally and requires less maintenance.
Ruby Inspired Hair and Beauty offers both full and half head foils as well as balayage. We also specialise in makeup and hair extensions.
Goldilocks without the bears
Come in for your next trim
Feel like changing your style or giving your locks a new vibrant hue? Contact us today and let’s make it happen!